Characteristics of FRP Pipe
1. Good corrosion resistance. As the main material of FRP is composed of unsaturated polyester resin and fiberglass, it can effectively resist the corrosion of acid, alkali, salt and other media, and the erosion of untreated domestic sewage, corrosive soil, chemical wastewater and many chemical liquids. In general, it can maintain the safe operation of pipelines for a long time.
2. Good ageing resistance and heat resistance. FRP pipe can be used for a long time in the temperature range of - 40 ~70 ~C, and the high temperature resistant resin with special formulation can work normally at temperatures above 200 ~C. For long-term use in open air pipelines, ultraviolet absorbent is added to the outer surface to eliminate the radiation of ultraviolet radiation to pipelines and delay the aging of FRP pipelines.
3. Good frost resistance. The freezing crack will not occur when the tube freezes below 20 C.
4. Light weight, high strength and convenient transportation. FRP pipe is not only light in weight, high in strength, strong in plasticity, convenient in transportation and installation, but also easy to install various branch pipes, and the installation technology is simple.
5. Good hydraulic conditions. Smooth inner wall, strong conveying capacity, no scaling, no rust, low water resistance.
6. Good design. FRP pipes can be designed and manufactured according to users'specific requirements, such as different flow rates, different pressures, different burial depths and loads.
7. Low maintenance cost. Due to the above corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, frost resistance and pollution resistance of FRP pipes, there is no need to carry out rust prevention, pollution prevention, insulation, insulation and other measures and maintenance. No cathodic protection is needed for buried pipes, which can save more than 70% of the project maintenance cost.
8. Good wear resistance. The water containing a large amount of mud and sand was put into the pipe to carry out a comparative test on the effect of rotational wear. After 3 million rotations, the wear depth of the inner wall of the pipe is as follows: the steel pipe coated with tar and enamel is 0.53 mm, the steel pipe coated with epoxy resin and tar is 0.52 mm, and the steel pipe hardened by surface is 0.21 mm. Therefore, FRP has good wear resistance.